Saturday, April 4, 2015

    
       In Nicolas Carr's article on "Is Google making us stupid," he talks about how the internet has affected our brain, for example reading long articles or books are a bit difficult. He says that "now my concentration starts to drift after two or three pages," other than Carr other people also have this problem like me; when I have to read something online I often get distracted by pop-up-ads or other things that look more interesting than what I was doing. Carr mentions that Google has a plan to create artificial intelligence, an artificial brain that is smarter than the human itself. The thing with the artificial brain is that " there’s a countertendency to expect the worst of every new tool or machine." Carr says, I would have to agree with Carr because the of some computerized brain sounds cool and awesome but I don't think that I would like to know everything because there is always joy in trying to solve the puzzle rather than just knowing the answer. Is Google making us stupid?, as for that question I would say that Google makes it easier to find things instead of doing it the hard way, but I don't think really think that its making us stupid, because you can choose to find your sources else where you don't necessarily have to use Google. There is always another way to do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment