SOCIAL MEDIA GOOD OR BAD?
All through this blog I have been posting something about social media but I never actually wrote the effects pros and cons of it apart cyberbullying. When it comes to it we all love social media, posting selfies, tweeting, meeting new people and reconnecting with old ones, but do you think that it affects your life in any way good or bad. On an article about pros and cons on social media by TopTenM Staff they wrote about ways that social media helps and hurts people; "-Increased criminal prosecution because of social media" the police can track criminals crazy enough to tweet about what they would be doing. "Students are doing better in school" this is a shocker even to me because when I think of social media and school work they don't exactly go together because its usually a distraction, and you don't exactly listen in class when your on your phone. TopTenM Staff said that 50% of students actually use social media to discuss school work and 59% talk about instructive topics. "Social media as a source of employment" this I myself must agree to because you can find really good jobs through social media. Now as good as the pros are there are always cons to everything including social media and one must talk about them. Also written by TopTenM Staff the cons of social media "Pupils spending too much time on social media sites have lower academic grades" now this is what I think about when I think about social media and education, statistics show that students that use social media frequently have lower GPAs' and test scores than students that don't use it as often. "Social media is the cause for less face to face communication" this is something you can't disagree to apart from online dating, social media is the cause for less real human interaction, studies also showed that families that reported spending less time with one another rose form 8% in 2000 to 32% in 2011. So what do you say that every week at a certain time and day put the cell phones down shut off the computer and have family time do anything other than stare at a screen, you could be missing out a lot.
Posted by TopTenM Staff.
http://www.toptensocialmedia.com/social-media-social-buzz/10-pros-and-cons-of-social-media/
No comments:
Post a Comment